Celebrating your mom can be as simple as writing her a beautiful, heartfelt note, or spending time with her, and making her feel extra special. If you’re inclined to spring-for a treat of some sort, make sure that it fits her personality, that it’s useful, and will be of value to her. Here’s a round-up of good, eco-savvy ideas …
- For the magazine lover — either a subscription to Organic Spa (printed with earth-friendly dyes and eco-conscious paper manufacturing), or Natural Home (printed on paper that is made with 100% de-inked, post-consumer fiber and is processed chlorine-free).
- natural nail care from peacekeeper, or max green alchemy
- modern gifts for the modern mom from MoMA online
- …very edible chocolates – vere (good) chocolates
- …organic flowers, prepared food, gift certificates: Diamond Organics
- …a fabulous, Helen Kaminski natural, raffia hat
- …a handmade, trash to treasure tote from alchemy goods
- …eco-conscious Get Clean supplies from Shaklee
- Everybody loves the country rooster, and Bergdorf’s. Thanks to Haute Nature for this fun find, from Bergdorf Goodman. Set of 4 recycled glass tumblers, $48.
- Maybe Mom would like an eco Adirondack style, rocking chair made from 100% recycled plastic or a classic folding Adirondack chair, made from natural and untreated Northern White Cedar ($170). Just let mom know that it’s “on its way” and order today (4 weeks to deliver).
- Or gift her a membership to a worthwhile organization:
national audubon society (check out their bird feeders)
nature conservancy (with a $50 membership, receive their publication)
sierra club (lots of good info and perks)
How will you celebrate Mom?
Related: Green your Mother’s Day, (5.02.09)
a mother lode of an eco mother’s day (5.03.08)