FindSolar.com is a great resource if you’re considering installing a solar heating, solar hot water, or renewable solar energy system in your home or small business. It’s designed to enable residential and small business customers considering a solar power system to locate qualified solar energy system installers serving their area. The web site also gives consumers a calculator to roughly estimate costs and output of solar systems for hot water, electricity, and pool or spa heating.
The Pachira Hiker by Vigilante Jade brings the durability and strength of hemp to the world of vegan hiking boots.
Created by Julie Lewis, (the original founder of Deja shoes), this hiking boot is built strong to take on the toughest trails and comfortable enough for everyday casual wear. This is a hiking boot with numerous eco-friendly features:
- Tongue and removable insole padding is made from 100% preconsumer foam from the manufacturing of seat cushions
- Imitation leather trim is manufactured with water based processing and 20% post-consumer recycled content from #1 soda pop bottles
- Sole is made from 40% post-consumer tire rubber
- Eyelets are made of 80% post-consumer recycled metals
- Uppers are a blend of 50% hemp, 50% cotton
- Shoe box is printed with soy based inks and reversible for reuse as a gift box
- Lasting board is 100% pre-consumer coffee filters, office file folders and post-consumer magazines
Available in black in Men’s sizes 7-14 and Women’s sizes 7-11.
$74.95 @ VeganEssentials.com
Kamibashi imports and markets these unique keychains characters made of found and repurposed materials and made by the Koonin family in Thailand. Each Koonin Famly Pet keychain is made with different fabric and accessories so that no two are the same. The tag that accompanies the pet gives its birthday, motto, and a spot to write your new friend’s name. The inside of the tag reads:
“I’m a one-of-a-kind pet that was handmade in Thailand by the Koonin family: Created, designed and accessorized by Nirun, sewed by Mom, stuffed by Auntie, and oveerseen by Noi. Some pets made with help from friends and neighbors too. Don’t forget to hug me daily!”
For people who miss their Pet Rock.
$9.00 each @ kamibashi.com