FAST COMPANY – 2 hits
Got some great coverage in both the June 2007 print issue of Fast Company, featured on page 38, “NEXT Best Blogs: SUSTAINABILITY” and on FastCompany.com.
Sweeeet, check it out!
Summer is upon us and I can actually hear my lawn and gardens growing. In addition to getting out the old lawnmower, your estate may require more detailed TLC. This cobrahead gardening tool may be just the kind of help you need (other than four guys from Bushwacker’s Landscaping and LawnCare).
The “head” is known as a precision weeder and cultivator, planter and transplanter, furrow and dirt buster.
A good fit for both lefties or righties the comfy handle is made of wood fiber reinforced recycled plastic, and the tool is made of self-sharpening, knife blade quality steel. Manufactured in one of our favorite red states, Wisconsin, this all-American gardening implement has won the Seal of Approval from the National Home Gardening Club.
snatch one up for $24.95 includes shipping @ cobrahead.com (buy in quantity and get a discount)
save your back and knees and go for the cobrahead long handle which won the joe gardener award as a “must have tools for 2007″ (48, 54 or 60”) for $45, plus shipping
a list of retailers
Coming to an internet connection near you on September 1, 2007 is getknu.com, the consumer products website of Michigan based, Industrial Woodworking Corporation, an OEM for the 3 largest home office manufacturers in the U.S. and a company seriously dedicated to environmental responsibility.
Here are a few of the many steps they’re taking in the pursuit of greener marketing, manufacturing and shipping.
- knú sales will be internet based and with no publishing of wasteful catalogs and mailings
- recycled and re-used materials will be used whenever possible in shipping and manufacturing.
- none of their SCS certified veneers come from rainforest timber
- hardware is constructed of 40% recycled steel and is fully recyclable
- wood components are produced from Forest Stewardship Council certified multi-ply birch
- 90% of their product materials come from regional suppliers within a 50 mile radius of their plant
- they have installed energy efficient heating and lighting systems in their new manufacturing complex
- no contact adhesives are used in manufacturing
- all lamination is zero VOC
- products are shipped UPS direct from the factory – not large national distribution centers
To the products – pictured above and to the right, is the simply named, knú desk #4 which makes a forward-looking, futuristic statement on style and sustainability. Desk #4 is said to inspire the composition of letters to Congressmen on enviro issues and the writing of donaton checks to green orgs…so watch it!
Comes in your choice of 6 green veneers with nickel plated leg levelors and a pencil drawer (of recyclable injection plastic). (more…)