We’re always on the prowl for alternative forms of urban transportation. Here’s a shiny, new, eco-friendly electric scooter from Zap.
The ZAPINO sports an advanced 3000-watt brush-less DC hub motor, perfect for city commuting or zipping to the store. With a top end speed of 30mph, you can pass those out-of-town drivers who are clogging up your city’s streets.
The hub motor in the rear wheel creates space for additional batteries, greater functionality and performance, while eliminating the need for belts, or chains, to create a more user friendly rider experience while also reducing overall maintenance.
- motor: 3000W brushless hub motor
- max torque: 120NM/900RPM
- max speed: about 30 mph
- range: up to 30 miles each charge*
- brake: rear and front disc
- weight limit: 280 lbs.
- battery: 60V Green Saver silicone battery
- net weight: 297 lbs. (including battery)
- upgrade: replace with 60v40AH lithium battery for range up to 65 miles
- climbing ability: 25% slope with a 177 lb rider.
- 3000 peak watts, 60 volts
- Intelligent Controller and DBI-digita
Marketed as the most powerful electric scooter in its class. I found no info on the charging time or number of charges expected out of the battery.
Note: Some states will classify the Zapino as a moped other states a motor driven cycle.
order online for $2,995 @ zapworld.com
locate a zap dealer near you @ dealersearch