This practical yet handsome women’s vegan shoe is sold by MooShoes, the first cruelty-free footwear and accessories store in NYC. The vegan owned MooShoes retail store is located @ 152 Allen Street on the lower East Side of Manhattan.
The Alley shoe comes in chocolate brown with contrasting cream stitching. I like this fresh take on the classic maryjane of yester-year.
$95 @ mooshoes.com
MooShoes insists that one cannot have fashion without compassion.
For parents who still have VHS players, Grover of Sesame Street can help teach your kids about conservation during a hike in Monster State Park. He taught me! I was seven when Sing Along Earth Songs (link here) was released, and nearly fifteen years later I still hear a faint voice singing, “she wasted water” if ever I am tempted to leave the faucet running while washing dishes. From this home video was born my compulsion to chase after any piece of trash I drop on a windy day. I can still see poor Kermit, Doctor of Amphibious Letters, sitting in a polluted lake, and trust me, I do not want to contribute to his plight.
This 30 minute video includes the following songs and singers:
- Every Bit a’ Litter Hurts, by Lillian
- Just Throw It My Way, by Oscar the Grouch
- Water Pollution, by Willie Wimple
- On My Pond, by Kermit the Frog and three backup fish
- Box City Recycling Rap, by the Kids
- Oscar’s Junk Band, by Oscar the Grouch and (you guessed it) his Junk Band
- Keep the Park Clean for the Pigeons, by Bert and some Muppet Pigeons
- The Wasteroon Song, by Three Water Drops
The VHS is available used @ amazon.com, starting at only $5.95.
The album “We Are All Earthlings” also includes some of these songs.
And for info on more green Muppet media, see wikia.com/
Kids will always sing – why not get them singing about the environment?