Reclaimed and recycled HDPE (hard plastic) is transformed into a wall clock of timeless style. Comes with a quartz clock mechanism, snap-on hands and a couple of batteries.
In either lemon or orange.
$49 @ ecobydesign.com
(with an eye on New Year’s Eve…)
Just a few of our Top Green Reads for 2007. Hit the library, or any second-hand shop. Feel free to jump-in with your faves.
(book shelf tree – photo credit: hoipippo)
- An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergence of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It – by, Al Gore @ amazon
- The Rammed Earth House – by, David Easton @ amazon
- Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage – by, Daniel C. Esty and Andrew S. Winston @ amazon
- Green Marketing: Opportunity for Innovation – by, Jacquelyn A. Ottman @ amazon
- The Sustainability Handbook: The Complete Management Guide to Achieving Social, Economic and Environmental Responsibility – by, William R. Blackburn @ amazon
- Cradle to Cradle – by, William McDonough and Michael Braungart @ amazon
- When Rivers Run Dry – by, Fred Pearce @ amazon
- Ecopsychology – Restoring the Earth, Healing the Mind @ amazon
- Dharma Gaia: A Harvest of Essays in Buddhism and Ecology – @ amazon
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma – by, Michael Pollan @ amazon
- Many titles @ chelseagreen.com/bookstore
- Tears of the Cheetah @ amazon
- 50 Ways to Save the Ocean @ amazon
- The Tree Farmer – by, Chuck Leavell @ amazon
- A Hot Planet Needs Cool Kids – by, Julie Hall
- The Sensual Home – by, Ilse Crawford
Dive in with goods from Green Wave: The Eco-Surf Company which opened its doors in June of ’07. Green Wave sells clothing and gear that are made only by environmentally responsible companies. And they donate a portion of proceeds to Kids Saving the Rainforest, another worthy organization, started by 2 school children in Costa Rica.
Why not make a statement with this organic cotton t-shirt, ($22.99) printed by Sector 9 with water-based inks, to show your support for organics? As we say in California, awesome! Also gotta love these Sprout Board Shorts (made from hemp and recycled plastic bottles) for guys, on sale for $43. And of course, don’t forget the biofoam boards by Nielson…catch the green wave Christmas Sale going on now.
For anything from kitschy paper coasters to practical rubber pots for growing your plants, check out Rose and Radish. They provide accessories for your dwelling, as well as incredible flowers for your special events. Many of their home supplies are made out of natural products such as paper, rubber, or wood, combined with a unique, artistic and contemporary style.
All Rose and Radish designers have backgrounds in assemblage, illustration, painting, photography, and graphic design, which can be seen in the hip yet elegant styles displayed by their product array and floral treatments.
More @ roseandradish.com
How to place an order for their exquisite, artful floral displays.