Ideas for cheer and function this holiday season
- Holiday Chocolate – Live a little and savor some organic chocolate minis, fairly traded from Equal Exchange. Available @ newdream.org
- Gift Wrap – Wrap it up with eco chic gift wrap made from soy based inks and recycled paper @ Green Field Paper. Now you can feel a little less guilty about that mountain of gift wrap in your living room after the holidays. Not good enough? For waste-less ways to gift and wrap things up, visit this great site.
- Christmas Lights – Save money and energy with LED Christmas lights. LED lights require 90% less energy and each light burns for 50,000 hours. The site includes a broad color and type (even snowflake-shaped!) selection. Plus they will recycle them for you when they’ve burnt out. All @ holidayleds.
- Kosher Wine – Enjoy a glass of kosher (and organic!) chardonnay from Yarrdon Chardonnay Odem Organic Vineyard, which has been farmed organically since 1998. The wine goes well with intensely flavored fish and poultry – perfect for holiday dining.
- Mulling Spices – Add a little winter sparkle to your cup of tea with organic mulling spices from Simply Organic.
- Christmas Wreaths – For a unique and reusable Christmas gift for yourself or a loved one, check out McFadden Farm. The farm creatively constructs their wreaths using bay leaves, chili’s, rosemary, and thyme – so you can actually put the decoration to use after the holidays expire. McFadden Farm is also a member of the California Certified Organic Farmers.