It’s that time of year. Each of our contributors will be posting their own Green Holiday Gift Guide. Here are some great ideas from our London-based writer, the fabulously green, Carrie.
- The new MacBook Pro—More energy efficient and highly recyclable
- Hemp Messenger Bag—for the eco-conscious man on the go, a smart-looking carry-all bag made of…hemp!
- Vosges Yoga + Chocolate Mini Bar Gift Box – Perfect for the health nut who loves dark chocolate. The gift box includes seven mind-freeing mini candy bars (one for each chakra), along with chocolate chakra recipes and a guidebook written by yogi David Romanelli with quotes, fun insights, helpful illustrations and links to music you can access through David’s website.
- PVC-free Lunch Buddy -PVC-and Teflon-free Lunch Buddy that exceeds CA Prop 65 standards for lead and other toxins, while being stylish and fun. Great for kids, too.
- Proud Mary Tote – A bright tote with gold straps for added panache, made by artisans in Guatemala. Proud Mary, an organization recently started by a friend of mine, pays double the average wage to their weavers for their work and is committed to providing them with a consistent income.
- Grounds for Change Fair Trade Bushel Basket – For the caffeine addict, includes three eight-ounce bags of Fair Trade coffee, two boxes of Fair Trade tea, five-pack bundle of Fair Trade Divine Chocolate Bars, a Fair Trade copper and brass coffee scoop from Chile and one can of Fair Trade cocoa powder from Divine Chocolate; (one of my fave chocolates)! (Update: links removed)
For Men and Women
Membership to an Organic Wine of the Month Club—send your loved one three bottles of organic wine a month because it’s good for the heart, and better for the planet. (more…)