by Maureen O'Connor @ 10:27 am post a comment »
A green stimulus package for your ears, eyes and mind…
- Portland, Oregon’s Fifth Annual Eco-Film Fest co-sponsored by The Corvallis Environmental Center, Northwest Earth Institute and Corvallis Odd Fellows. All films (more…)
Saturday, January 31, 2009
by Ross Dulmaine @ 9:22 am 1 comment »
Get off the big box merry-go-round and buy quality, handmade and thoughtful products from real people and artisans like designer and creative dynamo, Donna Halloran. Donna, who’s always loved fabric, sells beautiful removable pillow covers and shells with kapok filling at (more…)
Friday, January 30, 2009
by Maureen O'Connor @ 2:31 pm post a comment »
We spend about a third of our lives in the bedroom, we should do everything possible to make it a blissful environment. January’s the perfect time to tap into white sales, so maybe it’s time upgrade to linens made from organic and natural fibers. Here are a few good finds to get your green on…
- organic cotton sateen and bamboo sheets, throws, and pillow covers on sale now through Sunday, Feb1 @ gaiam.com
- hand made in India, organic cotton, pretty reversible quilt, queen: brown leaves/confetti, (photo, R) @ ploverorganic.com
- organic wool comforter, organic Egyptian cotton blanket, organic cotton/natural rubber/buckwheat hull pillow, sham, duvet cover, mattress…on sale through tomorrow, January 31 @ lifekind.
- bamboo towels, silk comforters, silk-filled pillows, bamboo quilted bedding … @ vivaterra.com
Now when you hit the sack, rest assured you’re lying amid eco friendly linens.
by Ross Dulmaine @ 9:43 am 1 comment »
That bastion of alternative thought and lifestyle, Austin, TX is struggling with the proposed cost of solar energy. As with many green energy projects that are attractive in theory, the financial reality can present some problems. The solar project has generated concern among some of Austin’s large manufacturers, who say the plant could raise their bills substantially. Will people pay a premium, however small, to live emission-free? That’s a question that will face many communities in the near future. A tough economy only makes change more daunting.
Local power company, Austin Energy, would like to build one of the world’s largest solar arrays on 300 acres it owns just outside Webberville. The facility would be built and owned by San Francisco-based
Gemini Solar Development Company. As the proposed project’s exclusive client, Austin Energy
by Ross Dulmaine @ 8:58 am post a comment »
Thursday, January 29, 2009
by Maureen O'Connor @ 5:08 pm post a comment »
You might have caught a glimpse on HSN of supermodel turned raw enthusiast, Carol Alt, spreading the word about her new skincare line called Raw Essentials. Likely to be, the next big thing.
What’s the RAW deal? Carol’s line is created from one hundred percent certified raw, active ingredients derived from the Earth. Skin should love this because, “raw skin care products allow your skin to absorb all of the antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids that are necessary for glowing, healthy, young-looking skin.” (more…)