Before spending the green and using up valuable natural resources and energy, ask yourself some basic questions:
- Do I really need this item?
- Do I already have something I can re-use instead?
- Where was it made?
- Can I buy it either made or grown, locally?
- How far do I have to drive to get it, or could I get it from a local business?
- Can I find a recycled version?
- Is there a DIY alternative?
- How is it packaged?
- Is there a ‘greener,’ or organic version of this product?
- What will happen to it when I’m done with it?
Feel free to add to the list.