A green stimulus package for your eyes, ears and mind…
- Food, Inc. released in NY/LA/SF – love your body, feed your head.
- Eco Salon shows you how to freshen up your decor without spending a dime
- Recession Rags POP-UP Workshop, Custom tailored shorts and suspenders – Sat, Jun 13 from 1-7pm @ KAIGHT, 83 Orchard St (212 680 5630), spiked lemonade and 30% off spring threads
- Tonight, (Friday, June 12), park yourself atop New Design High @ Rooftop Films 2009 Summer Series; free beer after-party. Saturday night, screen Persona Non Grata atop the Old American Can Factory, Park Slope; tix $9-25. Weather-permitting; check rooftopfilms.com or call 718.417.7362
- June 11-14, Northside Festival Celebration of Music in Brooklyn
- Is that a breeze I feel? Global Wind Day – Mon, Jun 15
- FREE Celebration of Miss Katherine Dunham’s 100th Anniversary, Symphony Space’ Peter J Sharp Theatre – next Sunday, Jun 21
- Stop ‘n Swap next Saturday, Jun 20, 11a-3p, Shabazz Center, B’way & 165th St. (more…)
Channel your eco-lovin’ inner gypsy with a carryall made from 100-percent recycled plastic. Gypsystyle’s beach and weekender bags and roomy farmer’s market and yoga totes are colorful, practical and affordable.
They make the perfect companions for travel, groceries, sport, beach, yoga, kids gear and can even serve as storage bags. So why wait? Replace those paper and plastic bags with something more spirited and eco-friendly. (top photo – Corsica Sleepover Bag, $32)
check ’em out @ gypsystyle.com
UPDATE: June 25 – And it’s official — our 2 winners are: Beth O and Kim L. — congratulations, and enjoy your gifts. Thank you to everyone for entering…now go and see the movie, Food, Inc. before your next meal:) You can checkout our next Great Green Giveaway, listed on the top of our homepage. (original Post follows…) (more…)
Summer is finally here, a time when all we furry types hit the yard, beach and under brush for some fair weather fun. Unfortunately, there is an abundant array of parasites out there just itching to spoil all our good clean fun. If you don’t want to coat you pet in toxic chemicals I’ve come across an organic powder that will help keep those fleas and ticks off your fido or feline, with the added benefit of helping to rid your home of ants, beetles and mites.
Buck Mountain Herbal Gold Organic Parasite Dust contains organic neem, yarrow and diatom flour. The neem tree contains (more…)