A green stimulus package for your eyes, ears and mind…
- Today 11a-7p and Tomorrow, Oct 4, 10a-6p, The Baby Show NYC is at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, between 6th & 7th Avenues. Featuring a Green Baby 101 seminar by Inhabitots from 2:30-3:15 today, Parents Discovery (ongoing free seminars on how to keep baby healthy and happy), and several exhibitors with the latest clothing, accessories and toys for babies. Treats by Petite Abeille at the Organic Cafe. Tix in advance $20/1 day or $30/2-day. Tix at door $30, or $40 for 2-day pass. Kids under 5 free, others, $5.
- Bike Miami Days’ Second Annual Event is tomorrow – Sunday, October 4 with lots of activities and live music from 9a-2p. Explore the heart of Miami CAR-FREE — on foot, by bike, skateboard or any other form of self-propelled transportation. more @ bike-miami.com
- In honor of Ken Burns’ doc, The National Parks: America’s Best Idea (and to spread the word about the importance of protecting our national parks for future generations), The Sierra Club is giving away a trip to Yosemite and San Francisco as part of their 100,000 Champions for National Parks campaign. Their goal is to get to 100,000 names by tomorrow, October 4th – All you have to do is sign their statement of support for parks at www.sierraclub.org/parks. Tell them your favorite national park and your name will be added to the scrolling list of “Champions for Parks” on their homepage.
- 4th Annual AltCar Expo & Conference Oct. 2 & 3, 10a-5p. Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, FREE admission.
- Green Building Show Thursday & Friday, October 8 and 9; held At NJExpo Center. Tix $10 in advance or $20 at the door. Produced by Go Green Expo, created for both builders and homeowners.
- Learn How to Save Green When You Shop Green by blog-pal, Karen Schiff, co-founder of Ecobunga. (more…)