by Maureen @ 10:14 am post a comment »
- NBC’s Green Week kicks off this Sunday. Look for both subtle and obvious environmental references, ranging from an Al Gore sighting on 30 Rock to an organic food blitz on Biggest Loser, (not to be confused with The Jay Leno Show).
- Greenpeace the movie…new film will dramatize the excitement of the org’s “ramshackle” beginnings.
- This funky animated video from Chevy illustrates the difference between a plain old electric vehicle and an extended range electric vehicle.
- Tonight, catch the buzz Disappearing Act – A World Without Bees PBS – check your local listings for time, @ chefsafield.com Episode is sponsored by Haagen-Dazs. (I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t find the program on PBS in NYC. But according to HD’s press release, it should have been scheduled…hmmm, the case of the disappearing program.
- Shopper Alert — Today and Tomorrow (Nov 14, 11a-7p & Nov 15, 11a-6p) New New Day Sales at BIM Brooklyn Indie Market, Carroll Gardens. Certain vendors offering 10% off, download that coupon available here. Take the F or G to Carrol Street Station. Check out BIM for locally handmade threads, home decor, jewelry, paper goods, bath & body products, toys and the all-important, baked goods.
- Eco undie desiger Enamore joins a refined group of other fashion-forward designers in partnering with U.K. charity Fashion in Mind to staging a one-of-a-kind fashion and dance event in Bristol – Friday Nov. 27th, 7:15pm
- Thanksgiving Farmer’s Market Sun. 11/22 South Street Manhattan – new amsterdam market
- Inhabitat invites New Yorkers to take part in a contest – take a good look at yourself, by winning a skyline mirror made of recycled records.
- Shout out to green gal pal Amanda for launching Andean Collection’s non profit arm, the Andean Project. Help celebrate by purchasing beautiful, socially responsible, fair trade eco baubles — partial profits aid artists/women in need and their children in Ecuador. Love the acai wrap racelet and raindrop choker. more @ theandeancollection.com
- Save the Date: Saturday, Dec. 5 from 11a-8p. Over 50 Metro New York artists, designers and crafty folks peddling handmade goods Holiday Handmade Cavalcade: 201 Mulberry St, NYC. free admission.
- (Update: Links removed)