From around the blogosphere, a green stimulus package for your eyes, ears and mind.
- Looks like last week’s Hope for Haiti benefit album will debut at the top of the Billboard charts.
- The green fashion industry is revving up for this year’s earth-friendly runway series, TheGreenShows, during Eco Fashion Week in NYC, Feb. 14th thru 17th. Some of the eco-fashion trendsetters who’ll be strutting their stuff – Gary Harvey, Sonja den Elzen, deux fm, House of Organic and C. Marchuska. More on this one later…
- action for nature.org – Get those kids back to nature – Action For Nature, a San-Francisco-based non-profit, is now taking applications for the 2010 International Young Eco-Hero Awards, which honors youngsters ages 8 to 16 for their outstanding accomplishments in environmental advocacy, environmental health, research and protection of the natural world. Honorees will receive up to $500 cash, an award certificate, and other forms of recognition. The application deadline is February 28, 2010.
- Check out a video featuring Michigan’s DTE Energy, a Ford Motor Company utility partner, conducting real world testing of the plug-in hybrid electric Ford Escape. The video shows DTE’s demonstration of how EV users will use smart meter technology to recharge their vehicle using renewable energy sources such as solar panels. The video was shot at the recent North American Auto Show.
- This event is a little bit down the road… Trashfusion Design Contest and Green Expo, May 1 & May 15, way up north in Ontario. The event will feature a runway show of fashions designed from recycled materials, with some lucky designer winning a $1,000 prize.
- Here’s a good example of green promotion — a contest called, The EarthCare Challenge: Are You Eco-Chic or Eco-Oblivious? highlighted a furniture product, EarthCare Inside – Hickory Springs’ soy-based Preserve foam with other recycled and sustainable components. One lucky grand prize winner received an earth-friendly home furnishings makeover for their home, valued at $5,000! Congrats to the lucky winner of the contest, Laura Dillon, who blogged for 6 weeks, explaining how she greened her lifestyle – going from eco oblivious to eco savvy. Enjoy that new earth-friendly furniture!
- Hey y’all, Miami Green, (and we’re not talking golf), is around the corner – save the dates – Feb 25 & 26, 2010.
- Anyone think Avatar’s green message will have a lasting influence on the general public’s awareness of man’s connection with nature – or is it just this month’s must-see movie…a placeholder until the next Twilight flick comes out?