A stimulus package for your eyes, ears and mind.
- Design Revolution: 100 Products that Empower People by, Emily Pilloton, (former managing editor of Inhabitat). She’s got a a book tour, road trip – in a 1972 Airstream hauled by a biodiesel powered truck.
- Fundraiser to benefit INFORM tonight at environmentfurniture.com in NYC, 8-11p.
- Tough times for indie film distribution deals but you can take a peek at scifi and eco-oriented offerings at this year’s Sundance Film Fest, via Popular Mechanics.
- Toughest times of all right now are where all eyes and hearts are focused, in Haiti. We’ve recently joined The Open Sky Project online community, where we highlight and sell green goods that we’re passionate about. For the past week, all profits at our shop and Open Sky are being donated to disaster relief efforts in Haiti. check it out.
- Save the date – Feb 14-17 The Green Shows in NYC. Can’t wait.
- Grab your swim suits – upcoming MiaGreen Feb 25 & 25 in Miami. See you there.
- Now going on — Go Green Expo in LA January 22-24. Eco exhibits galore, while Mariel Hemingway, Jen Boulden, Ed Begley, Jr. and many other experts dish on how to totally go green. (hey, it’s L.A.) Our very own Cali Rose will be on the scene, bringing it…
- Are you familiar with SYRCL and it’s 8th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival? Me neither. But our friend Paul Smith of GreenSmith Consulting wrote a nice piece about all the goings on, via triplepundit.com
- Who Turned Out the Lights? Your Guided Tour to the Energy Crisis by Scott Bittle and Jean Johnson is available in paperback via Amazon, or stop by your local library. If you’re in need of a primer on this important topic, pick up a copy and get in the game.
- Just released yesterday, Creation, starring Jennifer Connelly as Emily Darwin and her real life husband, Paul Bettany as Charles Darwin. Brainiacs are sexy. Hoping to see it this weekend. I just learned that they had 10 children, but sadly, 3 died at a very young age.
- MagnifEco reports on first-ever Eco Chic Fashion Show at UN headquarters in Geneva to promote biodiversity – For the fashion and beauty worlds – this was a big deal!
- via Metropolis Mag.com and sponsored by Herman Miller – (almost) last call for entries: Next Generation Design Competition: One Fix for the Future, focused on sustainability – enter by January 29, 2010. $10,000 prize + fame, of course.
That’s a wrap for now…keep sending those green, sustainable tips our way.