As NY Fashion Week kicks off, (yes, Luis Valenzuela’s gown, above, is made of recycled footballs), we turn the spotlight on the ten designers of ecofashion who’ll be strutting their stuff at The GreenShows. Aptly enough, this year’s venue of choice is in Chelsea, at the newly renovated Metropolitan Suite, retrofitted with eco-friendly flooring and LED lighting, located on the second floor of the Metropolitan Pavilion. We’ll be there and we can’t wait to bring you the highlights.
In order of appearance, beginning Sunday September 12:
- SUSAN CIANCIOLO (New York)
- LUIS VALENZUELA (Miami); with OPENING NIGHT EVENT co-hosted by our pals at ecouterre
Monday September 13:
- AURALIS HERRERO (New York/Puerto Rico)
- JOANN BERMAN (New York)
- ASHTON MICHAEL BLACK LABEL (Los Angeles)
Tuesday September 13:
- MILLINERS GUILD (New York)
- LAVUK by NATASHA GINDIN (Los Angeles)
- DRESS REFORM (New York)
- BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS by ELIZA STARBUCK (New York)
- SAMANTHA PLEET (New York); CLOSING NIGHT EVENT
the photos above were gleaned from the following designer’s Web sites; from top to bottom: Luis Valenzuela, Ashton Michael, Bright Young Things…and we thank you!