It’s a pleasure to discover an apparel line steeped in eco cred and social responsibility: a brand with brains, brawn and heart.
Currently manufacturing their sustainable menswear brand in Calcutta, India — New Jersey-based, Tompkins Point Apparel is creating ‘enlightened preppy’ threads for today’s busy but mindful man. Kicking off with a new spin on the classic polo, here’s why this brand’s special:
- it’s the first clothing brand in America to receive fair trade certification
- all garments are made from 100% certified organic (GOTS) cotton with low-impact dyes
- cotton grown using rain water – minimizing the impact on local water supplies
- 25% of the company’s profits donated back to communities where garments are made
- sourcing directly from farmers, Tompkins passes along savings to workers by paying decent wages, year-end bonuses and providing free health insurance.
Certified organic cotton fair trade made + socially responsible + stylish + affordable = The Superfecta.
Pre-washed, pre-shrunk in six spiffy colors; ($50) @ tompkinspoint.com
Hey, who knew that October was Fair Trade Month…what’s your favorite socially responsible fair trade brand?