There are all sorts of moms with all sorts of preferences and tastes. You know best what your mom would like. However you decide to honor her on Mother’s Day, just be sincere, thoughtful … and kind to Mama Earth, too. Here’s our roundup of hip, eco-savvy ideas:
- create a blissful sanctuary, a place to shut-out the noise – Fair Trade & made of hyacinth, a meditation chair & tray from Gaiam
- organic flowers, food and gift certificates @ Diamond Organics
- for the magazine lover — Organic Spa (printed with earth-friendly dyes and eco-conscious paper manufacturing), or Natural Home (eco friendly paper).
- a membership to: national audubon society; nature conservancy or sierra club
- for body indulgences — a delicious terra dolce body polish
- natural nail care from peacekeeper, or max green alchemy
- certified organic Hall Wine sampler or gift membership
- modern gifts for the modern mom from MoMA online
- Fair Trade, vegan & organic truffles from Coco-Zen
- an upcycled coin purse/wallet, Myrtle @ alchemy goods
- sweet smell of success, wine grape bonsai – organicbouquet.com
- kick back and rock – an eco Adirondack style, rocking chair made from 100% recycled plastic or a sustainable Cedar, ($179.95). Just let mom know that it’s “on its way” and order today (to allow delivery time).
Celebrating your mom can be as simple as writing her a beautiful heartfelt note, or spending time together – go on a picnic and make her feel extra special. If you’re inclined to spring-for a treat of some sort, be sure that it fits her personality, it’s useful, and will be of value to her. Hope you have a simply beautiful day!
Related: previously on altCon