Halloween is all about costumes and treats (what happened to the tricks?) … we’re all about having fun but we don’t need to lack eco consciousness while having a blast. Here are a few green tricks of the trade when it comes to doling out the treats:
- rather than candy … individually wrapped prunes (I know, sounds weird but they’re delicious), Fig Newtons, granola snack bars, pretzels, trail mix, mini boxes of raisins, shelled peanuts or pumpkin seeds.
- Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks, available at Whole Foods, Target and others, check Store Locator on site for details
- Bare Fruit Snacks – low calorie, high fiber 100% organic chips
- tasty, healthy mini bars from Nature’s Path – choose EnviroKidz treats, they’re: gluten-free, low-fat, contain no artificial preservatives and are made with certified organic ingredients. Try the Organic Koala Crispy Rice Chocolate Bars – they’re quite good.
- Terra Chips – dried veggie chips in 1 oz. trial size, 24-packs (more…)