Furniture maker Austin Aaron and his Dancing Grains Woodworks create these sliding barn doors from salvaged wood recovered from demolition projects in his local Boulder, Colorado area.
The reclaimed wood is mounted in a hand-welded raw steel frame and hung from a heavy-duty, metal barn door rolling track. The rustic doors are a perfect solution for closing off a dining room, study, or work room. Each set is made to order and can be purchased with, or without, the tracks.
related: more eco-friendly home decor on The Alternative Consumer
When designing beautiful rooms, buildings, offices and homes, bring nature’s elements indoors using the EcoChi® philosophy-blending feng shui, green and sustainability and environment psychology. The focus in this design system is the relationship between nature, the beauty of buildings and the wellbeing and happiness of the inhabitants. It is possible to purposefully arrange an environment so that it has a positive effect on the people who live, work or visit there. Nature’s beauty is for all to enjoy. It is a right we earn at birth. When bringing nature’s elements indoors people feel happier, healthier, calmer, and at the same time more energetic and optimistic about their lives.
Here are some easy to implement tips for your indoor environments:
1. Shop for an indoor water feature, fountain or fish tank
- Whether it is natural or man-made, people love to be near water. They gather around fountains all over the world.
- A water fountain is relaxing to look at and the sound comforts us.
- Hours can go by as we entertain ourselves by peering into a small fish tank or an aquarium. It makes us calmer because it reminds us that we are a small part of something grand.
2. Accessorize your space with green plants and trees (more…)