Happy Thanksgiving Day!! Gratitude and blessings all around. Here are a few green tips for avoiding being that guy…or gal, the Thanksgiving turkey.
- Reduce unnecessary emissions. Don’t leave the car running while you pick-up grandma.
- Tryptophan junkies should eat more veggies – preferably locally grown and organic.
- Make dining a classier, less wasteful & more sustainable endeavor; avoid the paper plates, cups and plastic utensils.
- Reuse that plate you keep shoveling food onto, you’ll save water by making your mother-in-law wash a few less dishes and it will allow her to play in your brood’s annual Thanksgiving Day Texas Hold ’em’ Tournament.
- Don’t be a pig; exercise portion control. You’ll reduce food waste, fit into your chinos and send less cranberry sauce to the landfill.
- Avoid plastic – store leftovers in reusable containers (we love glass).
- Donate some of your excess food to a local soup kitchen or charity.
Related – more green tips on The Alternative Consumer