Most people, though aware of the many benefits of composting, find it to be a daunting, messy task – so any help in making the process easier and more efficient is invaluable. The Green Cycler can make the whole process so easy it’s almost ‘sexy’. A small Denver, Colorado company called Ecotonix developed the Green Cycler a few years ago. The sleek, countertop device (about the size of a typical food processor) is a super-effective food scrap shredder and recycling system that dramatically speeds up the composting and decomposition process.
By composting on a regular basis you can not only create nutrient-rich planting material for you backyard or container garden, but also you can keep all that organic matter out your the waste stream – where compostable food and organic waste comprise 25 to 30% of the municipal waste that ends up in your local landfill. The Green Cycler chops and shreds food waste into smaller pieces, which in turn exposes more of the material to air and bacteria, thereby accelerating the composting process.
- Sleek styling and design
- Self-contained, stainless-steel blade cartridge system snaps in and out for quick clean-up
- Hand-operated, energy-saving dual-direction grinding action ensures optimal shredding results
- Fully removable lid clear viewing window gives you a birds-eye view of the shredding action
- Lever-activated, industrial-strength suction cups keep the unit anchored while you shred
- Micro-vented throughout to help reduce odor-causing bacteria & promote quick decomposition
- Designed for easy clean-up. All components dishwasher safe
- Features an inner-compartment that holds optional odor and pest repellent filters
- Compact, countertop design fits neatly against backsplash and under upper cabinets or beneath sink
- The unit itself is 100% recyclable
Size and Weight: 12 7/8”H x 14 3/8”W x 12 1/8”D; 7 lbs
EcoDrawer Capacity: One gallon shredded material
Made in the U.S.A.